Cheers and Jeers
What a weird week. Emergency PTO for me and funky weather meant when it was slow it was s-l-o-w. But when we were busy we were pretty busy.
Outside of work I was social and met people for dinner and had 2 hours of lovely conversation and good food.
What Happened This Week?
- Emergency PTO and I missed a few hours of work in the morning.
- We had dinosaur mini golf which went well.
- I made a sign for the book commercial program coming up.
- A patron requested non-fantasy YA romance books and I had to struggle to think of something we had on the shelf. We might have to get some more YA romance if we get more room.
- Prepped stuff for Mother’s Day tea party.
- There is a new librarian position open but I don’t qualify as I don’t have the degree so my hours will change but no chance of me moving up to a higher position.
- Spent way too long trying to pin down when the solar eclipse will be visible to us and converting UT to local time. I didn’t think about the date but it will happen during our remodel so probably no eclipse party for us.
- Weeded J novels
- Hunt for mis-catalogued easy readers and found 3 boxes worth.
- Subbing for a coworker in vacation so 2 of 3 Saturdays in a row
- Discarding the J novels approved by the boss.
- Dogs from the kennel club came. Probably 10 or so. One was so excited to be pet he pooped on the carpet.
- A kid claimed someone threatened them with a BB gun but not actually at the library.
What did patrons want?
Anything Jack the Ripper
Coyotes for an animal project
5 Caldecott winners for a school assignment.