Cheers and Jeers
Well I’m hoping this is a good thing, but I got an email saying we would be having a meeting about STEAM in the library at the end of the month. We are supposed to bring all of our ideas so now I am scrambling to get everything from my head to paper. I recognize the director and maybe 2 other names in the group of 8 people so I am hoping we will be able to be very focused, but I don’t know what to expect at this point.
What Happened This Week?
- Family Movie Night
- Put all summer events and reminders into my calendar
- More weeding J books not in the catalog
- Prepping music for Disney Trivia Night
- 3 people off today
- More new books arrived, I think they all look good so I hope they circ.
- Worked on decorations for summer reading Build a Better World theme. Gear flowers should be cool right?
- Steam focus group email sent me scrambling to get all of my STEAM stuff together
- More weeding
- Printers down for a few hours
- Short one person and another left early so pretty busy
- STEAM reading
- Unconference directly after work
What did patrons want?
I actually don’t remember anything very interesting that was requested this week. I got a kid to take home a book I recommended.